Monday, November 13, 2017

396. Poem: Viciousness comes out of vice

and god were we vicious in Vietnam killing all those poor little buggers with bags of rice around their necks that were little communist buggers and some maybe a lot really were but some were little farmer buggers they and their families counting their bodies piled up bodies and burning little girls and keeping on and keeping on stop stop but not stopping just watch Ken Burns watch Americans being vicious and not stopping there must be vice in that country but then a history professor says no that's not Americans being vicious that's anybody who wants to win a war being vicious that's war any war that's what it takes and if you're going to have the sayso about the future you've got to be more vicious than the other fellow who if he is Adolf Hitler is the last fellow you want to have the sayso so you keep on and keep on no matter how down you are because that monster is all vice and no virtue at all which makes me say to the history professor so then keeping on and keeping on must be a virtue because it keeps total vice from winning and some of my friends say some virtue when to exercise it you have to pile up bodies and burn little girls German bodies and German girls and I say yes unavoidable but acceptable because the side that piles up the most bodies and burns the most unavoidable girls and can bear the piling and burning of its own longer than the other side wins and gets the sayso which I am so glad we got that I say oh virtue oh my virtuous countrymen and I say to the history prof don't bother telling me about my problem I know I know just tell me more about history history and philosophy the details the details did anyone ever come close to solving it?

No comments:

Post a Comment