Saturday, November 12, 2016

365. Poem Addressed to Trump Supporters


I know I shouldn't condescend to you I have all this privilege and I worry all night about my condescension but jesus couldn't you worry a little about why you're being condescended to I mean wouldn't it be better for the country if you put down that twittering piece of plastic for awhile and went home and opened some books and real newspapers and studied you know studied what you didn't do in study hall because it was bohohohoring and you were much happier playing grab-ass in the lunch line?

Oh no I've gone too far making assumptions jumping to conclusions and I learn how far when the new york times writers who never jump to conclusions show me how much a victim you are of forces that take jobs away from everybody who's not a college graduate and I understand you've got to protest so though I don't understand why you have to protest through an incompetent boor I'll at least try to condescend less callously.

Because jesus I have to condescend or do something scold lecture bawl out mock to get you to change or the whole country's going to go down the tube and fill up with grab-ass (male and female ass) louts canaille lumpen bourgeois my god what am I saying that's the common man I an American am talking about.

I'm saying we've got to do something about this but all my classmates who because they were tall sat with the lazy indifferent ones along with the sweetly slow forgivable ones in the back of the room tell me it should have been done long ago change their habits and attitudes, change their approach to life, change their what do you call it culture.

Then I hear or remember hearing don't change it live with it celebrate diversity and I say are you out of your fucking mind live with assholes I mean canaille I mean lumpen bourgeois I mean do the men have to be this common?

No comments:

Post a Comment